Monocacy Montessori Communities, Incorporated (MMCI) is the nonprofit organization that operates both CCMPCS and MVMPCS. It is comprised of members—all families and staff at MVM and CCM—and a Board of Trustees (BOT). The BOT is a member-elected body made up of dedicated parent and community volunteers, and it is MMCI’s official decision-making body. MMCI works closely with the CCMPCS Governing Council and the FCPS Board of Eduction. As determined by the Charter (Read Here), MMCI’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Defines mission, vision, and goals for CCMPCS.
- Submits charter application to Board for approval.
- Functions as the operator of CCMPCS and the legal entity entering into this charter agreement with the Board.
- Approves charter amendments, waivers, and annual budgets proposed by the CCMPCS Governing Council (GC) and submits them to the Board for approval/negotiation.
- Negotiates terms and use of facilities and any independent contracts.
- Approves Annual Report for submission to the Board.
- Provides annual audit to the Board, as required by law.
To learn more, you can visit the MMCI Website, attend a monthly BOT meeting, or you can email the BOT directly.